Admins or Access Users having "Manage Room Work Lists" room permission can create, edit and delete Work Lists. This feature is available on rooms that have Automatic Document Deletion mode Off only.
There are different ways of accessing Work Lists management page:
- On "My Rooms", right click on the room and select Manage Work Lists (this is for Admins only)
- In the Room, select Manage >Manage Work Lists
- In the Room, on Folders List panel, select Work Lists and click on the button that launches context menu and then select Manage Work Lists
On Manage Work Lists page, Work Lists, Work List Fields and Work List Field Pick List Choices can be added, edited and deleted.
The window looks like the one below.
Managing Work Lists
The first step is to create a Work List. Click on New Work List button on the top right corner of the page or right click on Work List Panel and select New Work List option. Type a name and click Ok. You will now see your list on Work Lists Panel.
Rename Work List
- On the Room, by right clicking on the Work List or selecting the icon that opens context menu and selecting Rename Work List option.
- On Manage Room> Manage Work Lists, right click on the Work List and select Rename Work List option or click on the Edit icon on the left side of the Work List Name.
In all cases, just type the new name and click Ok.
Delete Work List
- On the Room, by right clicking on the Work List or selecting the icon that opens context menu and selecting Delete Work List option.
- On Manage Room> Manage Work Lists, right click on the Work List and select Delete Work List option or click on Delete icon on the left side of the Work List Name.
After Clicking Ok on confirmation window, the Work List will be deleted. On Manage Work Lists Page, the Work List and its Work List Fields will be deleted.
On the room, the Work List will also be deleted along with its Work List Items and Attachments.
Note: all Attachments should be displayed on "Manage Orphan Documents" page.
Copy Work List: a Work List can be copied by right clicking on it and selecting Copy Work List option. The new Work List will be named "Copy of [Name of Work List copied]" and will contain the same Work List Fields and List Field Pick List Choices. List Items and List Item Attachments will not be copied.
Managing Work List Fields
A list may have one or more fields. Right click on Work List Field panel to create a new field.
A field has the following properties:
- Name: a short description
- Required: a field can be Required or not, this means that when a Work List Item is created, this field will be mandatory or not according to what is set in this property.
- Hidden: if a field is set to be "hidden", only Admins or users having "Manage Work Lists" and "See Room Work Lists" room permissions will be able to see this field on the Work List Item panel.
- Type: True/False, Number (Integer), Number (Decimal), Date and Text.
- Is Pick List: enabled only when selecting "Text" type. If checked, it will allow the user to create Pick List Choices to be displayed for that Field.
Editing and Deleting Work List Fields
To Edit Work List Fields, click on Edit icon or right click on the field to be edited and select Edit Work List Field. All properties can be edited: Field Name, Required, Hidden, Type and Is Pick List.
Regarding Type, it can ONLY be changed from other field types to Text, but not the other way round. Also change from Pick List to Not Pick List is allowed, but not the other way round. In this case Choices are removed.
In order to Delete a Work List Field, right click on the field and select Delete Work List Field or click on Delete icon on the left side of the Work List Field Name. Work List fields can be deleted even though Work List Items were already created.
Managing Work List Field Pick List Choices
Field Pick List Choices can be created only for Text type Work List Fields with Is Pick List checked. These choices will be displayed in the field's dropdown when creating or editing a Work List Item.
To create Pick List Choices, the Text type Work List field should be previously selected.
On Work List Field Pick List Choices panel, right click and select New Pick List Choice.
Another way of creating Choices is from the the New, Edit and Mass Edit Work List Item windows through the New Pick List Choice icon.
Type a Name and click Ok. This must repeated as many times as Pick List Choices needed.
Work List Field Pick List Choices can be edited or deleted no matter if there is already a Work Item created with this field.
To Delete a Pick List Choice, either click on the delete icon or select Delete Pick List Choice option on right click menu.
To Edit a Pick List Choice Name, select Edit Pick List Choice on right click menu or click on corresponding icon to the left of the Pick List Choice Name.