The application makes it easy to Invite existing and new Users to your Room. In order to invite users to your room, you must have permissions to do so.
Who can invite users to a Room?
- Users with a Site User Type of Site Admin
- Users with a Room User Type of Room Admin
- Users in a Room with the Manage Users and Permissions permission assigned to their User Group
Refer to User Permissions article for additional information.
The Room User Management page can be reached from My Rooms page by right clicking on the Room you wish and choosing the Room Users option. Another way, is from within the Room by clicking the Manage Room header button and choosing the Room Users option.
Inviting Users to the Room
In the Manage Room Users page, click the User Actions dropdown button and choose the Invite New Users item to launch the Add New Users Wizard.
Inviting new Users to the Room requires two steps:
Step 1: Add Email Addresses and Select Company, User Group and Expiration Date
- Enter Email Addresses: Type or copy and paste a list of email addresses for the Users you wish to invite to the Room. If the User is already a member of the Room they will not receive another invitation email.
- Select a Company: Using the Company selector, choose a Company for the Users you are about to invite. If the User's Company does not exist you can create the Company using the New Company icon. Note: This step is optional, if a Company is not selected, the User will be assigned to the Unknown Company.
- Select a User Group: User Groups are used to determine whether the User will be an Administrator of the Room, with permissions to all or most Room features and documents, or a regular Access User with the permissions defined by any of the Room Groups. When selecting Room Admin, Expiration Date is disabled. Note: If the Room requires 2nd Level Approval, when inviting a user as Room Admin, he will be approver by default. This can't be changed.
- Expiration Date: This option will cause the User's access to the Room to expire on the designated date and time. Note: when inviting a user as Room Admin, "Expiration Date" is disabled by default.
- Second Level User Approver: only shown when the Room requires 2nd Level Approval.
You will have the option to change individual Users' settings in the next step. When satisfied with your selection choose the Next: Confirm & Send Invitations button.
Step 2: Confirm/Edit Users and Send Invitations
Next you can see a list of Users about to be invited to the Room and to make changes to individual Users as needed. When the user added already exists in the system, the row background is shown in light red. The information selected in step 1 will be ignored, and the current user's information at Room level is shown on each column.
You can also go back and add additional Users by clicking the Previous button.
If you are satisfied with the User information for the Users you are about to Invite, click the Finish: Send Invitations button to complete the Invitation process.
Changing Users' Information
Changing an Individual User Information
- Click the Edit User button in the first column next to the User you wish to edit:
- The Edit User popup dialogue will appear. Make any needed changes and click OK to save the changes for that User.
Changing Multiple Users' Information
- Select one or more Users by placing a check in the checkbox next to the Users you wish to edit.
- Using the User Actions dropdown menu, choose the information you wish to edit and complete the change using the associated popup dialogue