The application supports a wide variety of upload sizes and file and folder names. Due to certain OS and browser limitations, some file/folder uploads are limited. The following chart describes the upload limitations.
Operating System Limitations
|Operating System||Size Limitation||Folder Path Limitation||File Name Limitation|
|Windows||None*||The total folder path (the folder to upload + all parent folders) must not exceed 255 characters.||File name must be 255 characters in length or less.|
|Browser||Size Limitation||Drag & Drop Folder Upload Support||Drag and Drop File Upload Support||Right-Click File Upload Support|
|Chrome||None*||Chrome 49 and above||Supported||Supported|
|Edge||None*||Edge 17 and above||Supported||Supported|
|Firefox||None*||Firefox 45 and above||Supported||Supported|
|Safari||None*||Safari 11.1 and above||Supported||Supported|
If you are having trouble uploading files or folders, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Try clearing your browser's cache. If this does not resolve your issue please proceed to the next step.
- Verify that the file's name is valid. The application only supports file or folder names that are 255 characters or less using Microsoft Windows OS.
- If the folder to upload is in a very deep or very long path on the local files system, we recommend:
- Moving the folder to upload out of the deep folder path and then attempt to upload the folder.
- Compress the folder to a .ZIP file and the application will unzip the contents upon upload.
- Try uploading using the right-click Upload method to upload individual files instead of dragging and dropping entire folders.
- Please ensure your web browser is the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- Try temporarily disabling or configuring your firewall to allow ahe application as a trusted site. You may find that your anti-virus software includes a built-in firewall. If you are attempting to access the application from an office setting and experience upload issues, then please contact your IT administrator or internal Help Desk.
- Proxy servers may sometimes cause failed uploads. If you see the error message: An error occurred with the upload. Please refresh the page and try again. Please contact your IT department or Help Desk and ask them to check your security settings or proxy configuration.
* Recommended to keep individual upload sessions to less than 2GB. While the application theoretically can upload almost any size, very large uploads will increase chances of a transient network errors or timeouts that may cancel the upload and are outside of the control of the application. If your internet connection is very slow, you may wish to limit uploads to less than 1GB at a time.