A "Document Request" is a request sent to a user to upload documents on certain folders. A Room Administrator or any user having "Request Documents" permission can create document requests.
A Document Request can be created from Manage Room Document Requests page. Just click on "New Request" under Request Actions menu.
Creating a Document Request
Step 1: Select Folder (s)
On the first step of the wizard, you need to specify the folders in which recipients will upload documents.
Document Requests can only be created on work folders and Data source folders but not on special folders.
Step 2: Provide Details and Send
On Second step, the following information needs to be entered:
- Request Expiration Date: by default this date is set to be 30 days after the date the request is being created, but it can be changed. After the expiration date, recipients will not be able to upload documents anymore.
- Language: by default the Site's language is selected, but it can be changed. This is the language that will be used in the email sent to new users. If recipients are existing users, the email will be sent in their preferred language and this settings will be ignored.
- Request Recipient(s): at least one recipient needs to specified. If more than one recipient is entered, they should be one per line. This field is mandatory.
- Message: you can provide any message that will be included in the email recipients will receive with the link to upload documents. This field is also mandatory.
- Require Recipients to Login: if this option is checked it means that all recipients will need to login prior to uploading documents for the Document Request. If this option is unchecked, recipients will be able to upload documents without having to login.
After you press "Send Request(s)", an email will be sent to each of the recipients.