Administrators are able to access "Quik Search Manager" in order to run searches on the room and be able to save search results into new folders.
Search Manager can be accessed in two ways:
- In the room, Quik Search Manager menu on the top navigation header
- On My Rooms, right click on the room and select Quik Search Manager option
How It Works
When Search Manager opens it will look like the screenshot below.
On the left side, it will show the Criteria Builder, which displays all available filters, grouped by type. When you click on any filter, the corresponding fields are shown on the right panel.
The different criteria are combined and the search is executed taking into account all filters selected.
When clicking New Search button, all filters are reset and a brand new search can be executed and saved from scratch.
In order to run a search, the documents considered as source must be defined. The options are:
- All Folders: by default, this option is selected. This will consider all documents in all folders when running the search.
- All Work Folders: it will consider all documents in regular and special folders, excluding eDiscovery folders.
- All eDiscovery Folders: shown and enabled in rooms with Ediscovery mode On. The search will be run only considering document in these folders.
- Custom Folders: when selecting this option, a folder selector will be opened, allowing the user to select which folders will be considered as source.
- By Doc Id
- By Upload Date
- By Custodian: shown and enabled in rooms with Ediscovery mode On and Custodians created
Document Full Text
- By Full Text: supported delimiters are comma (,) and new line.
- By File Name
- By Main Date
- By Original File Path: shown in rooms with Ediscovery mode On
- By Email Metadata
- Email From
- Email To
- Email CC
- Email BCC
- Thread ID: shown when Perform Email Thread Analysis room setting is On
- Email Sent Date
- Email Message Type
- By Extended Metadata
- By Last Saved Date
- By File System Dates
- By Created Date
- By Last Access Date
- By Document Codes: enabled in rooms that have Codes created
- By Tags: enabled in rooms that have Tags created
- By Notes
- By Redaction Status
- Any Redaction Status
- Not Redacted
- By Review Status: shown in rooms with Ediscovery mode On
- By Review Set
- By Review Status
- Queued for Review
- Checked Out for Review
- Review Completed
Production Information (This section is shown in rooms with Ediscovery mode On)
- By Bates Number: enter a single value or search for a comma delimited list of bates numbers
- By Production Status
- Any Production Status
- Not Produced
- By Custom Fields: enabled in rooms that have Custom Fields created
- Include Family Members: option checked by default, "Family Member" column will show Yes for all email/attachments.
- When using Custom Folders as source option: ALL family members will be included in the search results, no matter which folder they are in
- When using All Folders, All Work Folders, All Ediscovery Folders as source option: ONLY family members in the folders selected as source will be included in the search results
Save Search Results
You can select where the new folder with the search results will be saved to. If no folder is selected, the search will be saved under root folder by default.
If no name is provided, when clicking Save & Search button, the folder will be created following the Date Time - Unnamed naming convention.
As soon as the search finishes executing, the Open Search Results button is enabled. When clicked, a new tab is opened with the folder just created focused. If there were matching documents, you can easily access the search results. Please note that documents in Recycle Bin and Pending Automated Deletion folders are not retrieved.
Folders created thru Search Manager are identified by .
Room Admins and/or Power Users only can right click and see "Update Folder Search Results" option. When selected, the search is re-executed and matching documents are updated.
User can also select "Open in Quik Search Manager", it will open the saved search so that the user can edit and/or re-execute.
The "Convert Saved Search Folder to Regular folder" option is also available. When chosen, the folder will be changed to a regular folder, showing all the actions available work folders have.
User can expand the Saved Searches left panel and see the searches already executed. The available actions are: Edit Search, Copy to New Search, Open Search Folder in room, Open Search report.
Open Search Report
The report shows all information related to Keywords searches. If the search didn't include any keyword, the report will be opened empty.