The application allows to generate the signed version of a document through the Request Signature feature.
Admins will have access to this option. It's available on rooms only (not templates) when "Automatic Document Deletion" mode is disabled.
Creating a Signature Request
Just focus the document you want to request signature for, right click and you'll see the "Request Signature" option. You can also use the quick access icon on File Information panel.
You can only request signature on a single document at time. If multiple documents are selected this option will be disabled. Other conditions that prevent you from requesting signature on a document are:
- It's Audio, Video or Unextracted Archive
- It's Locked: it already has an opened signature request or it's included in a numbered production
- It's Quarantined
- It's Deleted (document is in Recycle Bin folder)
- It's a List Item Attachment
After clicking the Request Signature option, a new browser tab will be opened so that you can add all the assignees that need to sign the document.
The page shows different sections organized as follows:
- Toolbox: shows the Signature box that can be dragged and dropped anywhere in the document. It indicates the place where the assignee needs to sign.
- Signature Assignee: for each Signature box a valid email address must be specified to identify the user that will sign
- Assignees: lists all assignees added to the document. For each assignee, you can specify the language the Signature page will be displayed in
- Request Options (optional)
- Send final version of signed document to all assignees: when checked, after All assignees have signed, the requestor and each assignee will get an email saying that the signature has been completed. The final signed version of the document is attached.
- Send notification when each assignee completes signing: when checked, the requestor will get an email each time a user completes all his signatures. Unless it's the last user signing, in this case the email won't be sent.
Once you have completed adding all the signature boxes, click the Send button shown at the top. A signature request email will be sent to each assignee added to the document.
After the request is sent, no new signature boxes can be added and existing boxes modified.
Request Options of sending final version and sending notification, can still be changed after the request was sent.
How do documents with Opened Signature Requests look like?
If there is at least one document with an Opened Signature Request, the easiest and fastest way to find it is by selecting Opened Signature Request folder. This folder will not be shown when there's no document in the room with pending signatures.
All documents under this folder have a Signature Request currently opened, meaning that at least one signature is still pending.
Signature Request section on File Information panel shows which assignees have completed signing (green rows) and which haven't signed yet (pink rows).
Restrictions on documents with Opened Signature Requests
When a document has Opened signature requests, the following actions are not allowed:
- Create a new Signature Request
- Upload New Version: through Set As Current Version, traditional upload and/or Office Online edition