When opening a room, all users will see the Document Viewer on the right side of Documents List.
Each time a document is selected its content is displayed in the Viewer.
When emails are rendered, dates are shown considering the Time Zone defined at the room settings level.
In case the room has watermarks defined, documents (except for slipsheeted files) will display the watermark on the viewer.
There are some exceptions for which special legends are shown:
- Unsupported Document: "<file's extension> is not supported"
- Document is not ready yet: "... is preparing your document for viewing. Please wait or return back shortly." or "Document is still processing..."
- When room doesn't have Index setting on, some documents will show: "Please Activate Index Process To Review The File"
- Shared doc has expired: "Share Expired"
- Shared doc is quarantined: "Quarantined Document Selected"
- When an empty folder is selected: "No Document Selected"
- Document was not automatically precached and cannot be rendered: "Document Is Too Big To Precache". Admins can still right click the doc and automatically precache.
- Document is marked as Slipsheet: File Information Slipsheet
Note: For more information on Supported File Types, please refer to Supported File Types.
Select Viewer (Auto): this option will select the viewer to render the file according to its type. When performing searches, it will be selected by default and highlight words with hits
Print View: will display the print version of the document
Html/Search Hits View: displays the content of the document from the html representation. When performing searches, it will highlight words with hits
Spreadsheet View: displays the content of spreadsheet/csv files
Office Online: displays the content of Microsoft Office files. When Office doesn't support the doc (either because it's not an Office doc or because Office Online can't handle the specific file type yet), Auto viewer content will be shown.
Production dropdown: it's shown on Ediscovery rooms only. If the document was produced this dropdown will be displayed enabled, showing bates numbers of all the productions the document is in. It will show both natively produced (or imported) and PDF produced images so the user can toggle and see the different produced versions of the document on the viewer.
Office Online - Editing Documents
If the user can manage the doc, See Viewer and See Versions, he can edit Office documents, just by selecting Office Online viewer and clicking on "Edit Mode". The document will be opened in Edit mode on a separate tab.
Changes on the document will be automatically saved, a message saying "Saved" will be displayed. Once all changes are made, when the user closes this tab, a new version of the document will be created and the updated content will be shown on the viewer.
This bar can be shown or hidden by selecting the appropriate option under Tools Menu. New users should have viewer controls On by default.
Some files such as audio, video, spreadsheets, csv or unsupported extensions don't show the controls bar.
Toggle Side Panel
Next and Previous Page
Zoom In and Out
Page Layout Modes
Built-in Search Panel
When Auto Viewer is selected, on the left-most side of the viewer, a built-in search panel is shown. This panel can be hidden/shown through the "Toggle Side Panel" viewer control.
Searches executed through this panel, aren't saved under Search History dropdown.
Pop out Viewer to a new tab and Documents Navigation
Please refer to Pop out Viewer article for additional information.